Funny ADHD Befuddles

In the ongoing scheme of coping with adhd, I thought it would be great to add a thread on the humourous side of adhd. It might be my daily fix for awhile to treasure its humor. Just know after all the confessions here (and I love this phrase)...I am smarter than I act! hehe

I will start-

Today I went to an appointment in the city. The lobby attendant gave me instructions where the garage entrance was, what number parking spot I needed to park in and how to use the backside of the garage door opener for elevator use in the 51 story building. I went around the corner to the garage doors and waited for the garage door to open. After waiting for two minutes I went back to lobby and told her the door isnt working. She asked me if I pressed the button. DOH!

One of these days, I woke up and after turning off my alarm, I just couldn’t find my glasses. I ran around the place like, truly, a crazed taz devil for about a half hour before stopping dead in my tracks and asking myself "why am I not half blind…?"
Guess what:)

1 Like

LOL! I put the garbage, recycling, and compost carts back in the wrong order and now I’m pulling my banana and onion skins out of the paper recycling with a hoe.

1 Like

LOL!! Thank for sharing, great to know I am not the only one:)

1 Like

LOL! Aaron, about once a month I start to wash my face with my glasses on

aaron said:

One of these days, I woke up and after turning off my alarm, I just couldn’t find my glasses. I ran around the place like, truly, a crazed taz devil for about a half hour before stopping dead in my tracks and asking myself “why am I not half blind…?”

Seems pretty normal to me! lol The city...oh my, can be a scary place for those with ADHD if you're not familiar! Once went to visit a friend in the city of Chicago(I live in the burbs). First, I stopped to ask how to get to the building, which I could see and point out, but couldn't get to. I finally got there and went around the corner where she told me the garage was. I passed it up so figured I'd just go around the block, which I did, but ended up on Lower Wacker Drive, which, if not familiar with Chicago, is the underground street....how the heck??? I never did visit my friend.

These are all so funny! I recently put a post on fb that said: Sometimes I feel like I'm having my own little circus. Went to the gas station & paid for my gas inside because I wanted to get coffee, too. Got my coffee, got back in my car and left without pumping the gas! It was a while later when I noticed my gage was on empty. What the..? Oh, no!

aaron said:

One of these days, I woke up and after turning off my alarm, I just couldn't find my glasses. I ran around the place like, truly, a crazed taz devil for about a half hour before stopping dead in my tracks and asking myself "why am I not half blind...?"
Ha!

hehe at stories... yep, definately not alone!

In elementary school I woke up got changed out of my pjs. Then later I remembered it was pj day,so I when to get changed. However I forgot to take it clithes off so I just put it on on top of my clothes. Then I forgot it was pj day and started to freak out because I wase not changed. To I put clithes in top of that. So in the end I went to school with 3 layers. Worst part pj day was in fact tomoroow

Funny thing happened the other day. I have never liked the keyboard or mouse pad on my laptop, so for a very long time I have been using separate ones that have to be plugged into the USB ports. When others at the library were just pulling out their laptops, I looked like I brought my whole office, plugging things in & taking up the whole table. Anyway, I finally purchased a wireless keyboard & mouse and I love it! Such freedom! So I had been working at the computer, got up to do something & when I came back, no mouse! After searching all over, I finally found it....in the closet! My dad used to always say, "Nancy, you'd lose your head if it wasn't attached!" I guess that applies to my mouse, too.

wow, Curtis!
Curtis said:

In elementary school I woke up got changed out of my pjs. Then later I remembered it was pj day,so I when to get changed. However I forgot to take it clithes off so I just put it on on top of my clothes. Then I forgot it was pj day and started to freak out because I wase not changed. To I put clithes in top of that. So in the end I went to school with 3 layers. Worst part pj day was in fact tomoroow

LOL Curtis! That took lots of energy!

haha These are great! Made me chuckle...exactly what I needed for today.

Ok, here’s my latest one, fresh out of the oven…(not sure if it’s funny or just sad :wink: )
When I came home earlier, I went to put all my groceries away. However, before starting, I remembered I hadn’t washed my hands so I left everything where it was and started towards the bathroom. Halfway there, I suddenly through that I should preheat the oven for dinner. Then, I went back into the living room, grabbed the bags and started putting everything away.A few moments later I realized I never did wash my hands…That done, I sat down to check my email, only to jump up and put my dinner in the stove. Having put the rest of the groceries away, I then went back and started reading a book. About, I don’t know, maybe 45 minutes later, something was smelling funny…oh, and, I found the fresh pack of noodles I’d bought in the fridge just about a half hour ago…
Anyone else dizzy now? :slight_smile:

Episode no. …darn it, lost count, in the ongoing series “remember to bring some bottled water up with you when you get back home” ( FYI water bottles- basement, apartment-4th floor, if I got the U.S. counting system right; school, too long ago :wink: )

Since I’m still in the post- op- do- not- lift- heavy - weights- phase, I really have no desire whatsoever to climb those stairs more often than I need to with the extra weight.
So, I’ve been, let’s just call it “creative” in this particular area.

This morning, leaving the house, I actually put one of those colored adhesive notes onto the building entrance that read “Aaron- WATER!”.
When I came home, I opened the door, took down the note and put it in my pocket, already turning towards the basement door, when one of my neighbors came down to meet me. We stood there chatting for a couple of minutes and when we’d said our goodbye’s I went up to my place, still totally engrossed in our topic.
Having dragged myself up, up aand !up! I dug my keys out of my jacket pocket and saw something neon- orange sailing to the ground…
I will spare everyone- myself included- the description of the minor " hyper-kinetic temper tantrum/ explosion" that followed and conclude this episode right here, knowing full- well that it’s
…to be continued…:wink:

1 Like

Ha, aaron33!!