You are "the experts" here

Hello, members, we have a lot of new folks joining the community looking for support, but not as many offering support. This is not WebMD, and we have no "experts" here, but rely on our members to share their experiences as well as any tips they have picked up along the way. Please reach out to each other and offer your experiences and perspectives. That is how we can best help one another. I hope you will find it very rewarding ,as I have. Thank you, all!

Yes! Reach out! It's one of the best things about online communities: being able to understand others who have the same diagnosis but have different experiences, and the odds of similar experience are better here, too. I love to see people supporting each other as a team! I'm so inspired by all our members and the unique ways we care for our families and find creative solutions. It's exciting and super helpful to hear from you all!

The end of the school year is really frantic around our house… I know that if I get an email about a post, I will usually hit the link and respond as appropriate, but I don’t usually spontaneously log on to check for new posts. Is there a way to change my settings so I can get that email?

Great question, kfwellman. If you click “follow” at the bottom of the discussion page, you will get an email every time there is a new discussion.

Does anyone else have a problem when it comes time to sit and eat. My 5yr old boy starts to cry, breaths heavy and says he has a sore stomach. which I think is the anxiety playing its role but was wondering what techniques you all use to make it more pleasant and get him to be able to sit and eat without the big work up. Ive also tried allowing him to bring a toy to the dinner table which seems to work for around 5 minutes until he gets bored of it and leaves the table to go play again without finishing his meal. Oh and I have to hand feed him while his playing with the toy otherwise he will get to carried away with playing and not touch the food so its really a distraction which works in a lot of other things for me too but I cant keep hand feeding him as he starts primary school next year and I wont be there with him. :(

Lorsy, would you repost on a new discussion? Just click the discussion tab above to start one. I don't want members to miss seeing your question.

yep im sorry first time on here still trying to figure it out but as soon as I find where to start a new discussion for sure I will do that.

Lorsy, near the top of the Discussions page there’s a little box with a plus sign in it that says “Add+”. Click it to post a discussion. Good luck :)!