Niave Teenager and the dangers ..... Please help!

I have a beautiful 16 year old daughter who has been diagnosed since she was 3 with adhd. she is the most caring and helpful child but very gulllible, trustworthy and niave and this is where my problems begin… she has had issues with strangers on skype and undressing herself, taken indecent pics of herself because a boy asked and she didnt want to say no and upset him and finally she has taken a knife into school to feel safe as she was being bullied about her hair (which we had to cut short after she cut it herself as an impulse action because her fringe was annoying her!) and didnt want to grass them up and get them into trouble!!! she goes to counselling every week but feel that she would probably talk about her friends and anything except what is serious and important and obviously i cant know anything as it is confidential!! I dont know what else to do to protect her!! Shes a 10/12 year old in a 16 yr olds body - bloody scary - and she starts college in September when she turns 17!!! Help!!!

How far from home is college? What will your daughter's living situation be?

I am so sorry you are going through this. They say most ADHDers are emotionally immature for their age. My 11 yr old certainly is. It is probably a little late to pull her PC from her room and make her leave her phone with you when she goes to bed...

All you can do is talk to her... can you schedule a meeting with her counselor for you to discuss these things? I did, but different counselors do things different ways.

Hang in there!

I am sorry you are going through this also. I had a severely ADHD step daughter with my 3rd marriage. We had somewhat similar issues. She was indeed the most friendly, loving and caring person I had ever met.

She had a smattering of almost any other disorder known to mankind which complicated matters to a dangerous level. Most of which dealt with maturity levels and inappropriate choices.

Curious. With your daughter, even though you can not hardly discuss every opportunity for appropriate choices (because these children seem to get themselves into situations you have never imagined before you can prepare them for it); does she listen when you talk about it? Is discussion effective?

I don't have any answers as I am here for support also. But I want you to know you are not alone. I am dealing with an adult with ADHD.

Anna, I hope you can make the appointment so both of you can speak to the counselor. When my boys were small the three of us went together to see a psychologist for family therapy. When they became teenagers I was in on some or part of sessions, or not at all. That way both shared concerns and confidentiality were respected. I don't know what they talked about, but the psychologist would have covered high-risk situations and behavior and sexuality because one of my sons was very impulsive and naive. Safety was a big concern.

Do you know if the counselor typically confronts those issues with teen patients? When your daughter made troublesome decisions before how did the counselor respond?