Alternatives for ADHD besides Medication

is there such a thing??? I have no idea if there is something I can do with my daughter to help her out more .

Has anyone ever heard of the Drake Institute ? With their Brain Mapping and Bio Feedback?? They are super expensive and claim to do so much.

My kids did about 20 biofeedback sessions, not at Drake but at another place. We did not notice significant changes. In addition to being expensive, it interfered too much with the business of life, so we decided to stop going.

My son went to behavioral therapy for about a year and it really helped. We also participate in taekwondo (helps with working memory) and music lessons. We bought a working memory therapy program and it seemed to help some, but he didn't like it. We considered some of the other therapies, but they are so expensive and not covered by our insurance.

Keep seeking! :D

Exercise is great, especially in it involves motions that cross the midline of the body, as taekwondo would. We chose ballet. One unintended consequence? My son will likely be a professional dancer. If your child likes physical activity, follow her interests there.

Awesome thank you. She’s going to be starting Dance soon. Let’s see how it goes.

DancerMom, why are motions that cross the midline of the body especially good?

Crossing the midline forces the two halves of the brain to work in tandem, developing stronger connections across the corpus callosum, or so the theory goes. :)

Has anyone tried natural herbs such as: Brahmi, Jatamansi, or Ashwagndha for children with ADHD? Any luck?

Karen, about the caffeine, I started giving my daughter coffee at age 11. I ran it by her pediatrician first. I said it can't be anymore risky than Ritalin, right? He agreed, and said that if it worked for her, it was fine. It did increase her alertness, and she is still a coffee drinker at 16.

I wonder if my THT would have similar affects?

dancermom said:

Crossing the midline forces the two halves of the brain to work in tandem, developing stronger connections across the corpus callosum, or so the theory goes. :)

I developed a couple of emotional clearing techniques. I call them THT for Two Hands Touching and EZDS for EZ Deletion Sequence. I work as a special education assistant. THT has helped students with ADHD, fears, anxiety and more. I am trying to get it out there to as many people as I can. I also developed an experiment guide for the EZDS. I still need to make one for THT for ADHD when I get people who want to do it. I will need to collect data first, but I don't know what. So you can help me with that. You can learn them on my website and facebook page.

http://twohandstouching.com/

https://www.facebook.com/twohandstouching

After you read the instructions and watch the videos, let me know if you have any questions. Also, I would love to hear how it helps you or your loved one/s. Let me know if you want to participate in an experiment to prove whether it improves ADHD. Thanks!