What Are 10 Things We Don't Know About You?

Hi Everyone

Some of our other Ben's Friends Communities have had some fun and gotten to know each other better by answering such a question. Here's mine:

1. I was born in England and was 16 months old when my parents emigrated to Australia. My sister was born 3 years after me - she won every argument we ever had, as she would simply call me a Pom! (For those who may not know, there is a lot of stirring that goes on between Australians and English..."Pom" is slang for English)

2. When I was a boy, my favourite band was KISS - as hard as that is to admit, they seem to be almost bigger now than then!

3. I cringe sometimes when teaching my children about responsible use of alcohol - I did not practice then what I preach now

4. Coming from a small town, I enjoyed some success at most things in life and was considered a big fish - I then realised people should have added "...in a little pond"

5. I have realised that life is full of paradox - e.g.sometimes less is more, not doing anything is doing a lot and that a wise person says much even when silent

6. I have learned that true happiness comes from within and is amplified when helping others.

7. My daughters have all thought I was very funny...until they turned 5

8. Apparently I am a real Dr Doolittle - our neighbours have commented to my wife about my conversations with our dog and cat. I didn't know that. They don't know that the dog and cat donut understand a word I say

9. As a child, it is easy to get lost outside the house. With Lyme, it is easy to get lost inside the house.

10. My favourite quote (as best I can remember it) is:

"I look at life this way. You are juggling 5 balls and call them family, friends, health, career and spirit. The challenge is to keep them all in the air at the same time. If you frop the work ball, you will find it's made of rubber. If you drop any of the others, you will find they are made of glass" (Peter Dyson, then-CEO, Coca Cola Amatil, Asia-Pacific).

What are 10 things I don't know about you?

Kind regards,

Dkel

What an interesting question! And fun.
I am just checking this before leaving for work.
I will return this evening. Maybe by then I will have 10 things I can think of “about me”.
Lol. Lol lol. Lol
Delightful dkel!

Hello,
I have not forgotten about the 10 things you don’t know about me list.
I have been very busy at work. Always am close or around holiday. So I come home and crash!
Will settle down tonight and will answer?
I just read Mary’s and bit she is a Very Interesting person.
This is fun!
Susan

Mary,
I just read your list of ten things we don’t know about you!
I was just floored when you said you have written noveletts an you are an artists but not shown your work.
My First thought is WHY NOT!! You appear to be young and there is no reason you can’t show or try to publish what you can accomplish in “your minds eye”. You have the world at your finger tips
Your life is an Oyster and your the PEARL.
These are GOOD CREATIVE THINGS YOU ARE LUCKY TO HAVE THE TALENT AND A MEANS TO FUNNEL
OBVIOUSLY YOUR TALENT HAS BEEN TAPPED BUT PROCESS IS NOT FINISHED,